Monday, December 29, 2008

Getting it Together

I spent a little time trying to log my projects into Ravelry. I finally figured out how to do the progress bars!
I knew that I had a bunch of things on the needles, but when I actually got my studio somewhat cleaned up, I was shocked.
I believe I will spend the entire month of January tying up loose ends. The Maine Morning Mitts are done. Tonight, I am working on the Mango Lassi socks. These are my second pair of socks using my own hand spun. This time, I dyed the roving myself. And, of course, it's craptastic.
The roving came with my wheel, so I figured that if I jacked up the dyeing, it wasn't a big deal. It's super WARSH wool. And lemme tell you, I hated spinning it. I don't know if the roving was stale or what, but it was not a fun spin at all. I'm about to the heel flap on the second sock. I'm certain I will run out of yarn, but I have a crapload of the roving left over, so I'll just spin up more.
I hope to take a bit of time, if, and when, there is sunlight to take a pic.

No comments: